Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking Deputy Chief of Party – Programs (DCOP-P) candidates to support anticipated programs to be awarded under the USAID Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) SWIFT 5 IDIQ and other expected stabilization sector opportunities currently under development. Successful candidates will be placed on a roster so they can be rapidly engaged and/or placed as opportunities arise worldwide.
The DCOP- P plays a key role in supporting the Chief of Party to effectively manage and implement the Task Order. The DCOP- P’s responsibilities may include oversight of Transition Activities Pool (TAP) programming; monitoring and evaluation, learning, and research; financial, procurement, and budgeting management; human resources, personnel recruitment, and management; subcontractor management; and Task Order start-up and close-out. The DCOP- P is responsible for ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations and coordinating with the Dexis Home Office on all compliance issues, seeking legal and policy guidance on any applicable restrictions. The DCOP- P will be expected to have a strong grasp of the local political, legal, security, and economic situation and to leverage analytic products to inform and continuously adapt the program.
· Responsible for all programmatic aspects of the program; s/he/they or designee will supervise programmatic staff and other staff involved in activity development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
· Ensure appropriate implementation of program strategy.
· Ensure that procedures are established and complied with for activity development, activity implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, and closing.
· Ensure that program implementation is in accordance with USAID regulations and procedures and the specifications determined in the Task Order SOW, to include monitoring grantee worthiness, ensuring that all procurement processes are perceived as transparent by beneficiary communities, ensuring fair and transparent processes, review of financial management, and monitoring activity implementation.
· Work with the COP, DCOP-Ops, the Monitoring and Evaluation team, and regional offices to improve implementation processes throughout the program.
· Serve as the COP and OTI CR’s (and/or the CR’s designee(s)) primary point of contact for information about the status of activity implementation.
· In collaboration with local staff in-country, identify program opportunities and potential local partners.
· Ensure the Web-Based Database is maintained, and that data is consistent and complete.
· Work with the COP, DCOP-Ops, and other relevant parties to support security of persons, information, and goods directly related to implementation of individual activities.
· Under the guidance of the USAID/OTI CR, CR’s designee(s) and Chief of Party, contribute to the design and implementation of the M&E system at the activity level and ensure that all activities are monitored and evaluated.
· Support the development and implementation of the program’s Rolling Assessments, Strategy Review Sessions, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, and other requests that may come in from USAID/OTI and Dexis.
· Act as Chief of Party when the COP is absent from the Program.
· Undertake other duties as assigned by the COP.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in international relations, development, economics, business administration, public administration, or a related field.
· Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible management experience.
· Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience and a Master’s degree or ten (10) years of relevant work experience and a Bachelor’s degree.
· Experience working in developing countries.
· Experience with financial management, including budgeting, financial tracking, reporting, and accounting, and procurement.
· Experience with activity design, development, and implementation.
· Experience developing and administering grants or small grants programs.
· Experience with management of projects that included community-level and national-level activities.
· Experience with monitoring, evaluation, and learning on quick impact programs.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
· Experience working in a complex, high-speed and challenging field operations environment.
· Experience working in countries undergoing political transition.
· Experience with remote management in transition or insecure environments.
· Supervisory experience working with culturally and geographically diverse staff.
· Expertise in one or more of the following technical programmatic areas: countering violent extremism, peace processes, transitional justice and/or reconciliation, conflict resolution, citizen security, media, polling/surveys, governance, electoral assistance, small-scale infrastructure,
communications, small enterprise stimulus, civil society engagement, livelihoods, protection, and/or reintegration.
· Professional proficiency in other languages, such as Arabic, French, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish.
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.